Confidence isn’t something men are born with. Confidence can be learned and practiced throughout life, just like any other skill.
Once you master it, everything you do in life will just get better.
There are many men that are naturally confident. But those men didn’t acquire confidence from birth.
They did so through past successes or extreme self belief and efficiency in some areas of life. But there are also men that aren’t confident at all.
If you are one, no worries, you can develop self-confidence by following some ( or all ) of the steps below ( in no particular order ):
- Think and act positive – one of the most fundamental things in life is positive thinking. When your mind is occupied with positive thinking, positive things tend to happen. Surround yourself with positive people who bring out the best in you and increase your mood and stay away from negative people who shred down your mood and confidence.
- Fashion – groom yourself better and dress nicer. Not only will you look good, but you will also start to feel good about yourself, increasing your confidence in the process.
- Body language – stand tall and push your shoulders back, you`ll feel more confident and will appear more confident.
- Smile sincerely when you talk to people, it will make them feel more comfortable being around you.
- Talk slowly. You do not want to rush the conversation. When you talk slowly, people get the feeling that you are in control of the conversation and you know what you speak, making you appear more confident.
- When you walk, walk slowly. Whenever you move your hands, arms or head, move them slowly. Powerful, confident men don’t jerk around, they take their time instead.
- Exercise – one of the most powerful ways to boost your confidence is exercise. Exercise helps to maintain your weight, combats health conditions and diseases, improves your mood and boosts your energy.
- Focus on solutions – be a solver not a complainer. The more you complain, the less you’ll get motivated and the less confident you’ll end up. Focus on solving problems, instead of complaining about them.
- Set goals – start with some small ones and work your way towards bigger goals. Once you’ve reached your small goals, you’ll become more decisive and have a greater self-belief which in turn leads to more confidence and better decision-making for future greater goals.
Many men confuse genuine confidence with false confidence and cockiness. Just because some guys think they can fake it until they make it, doesn’t actually make them genuine confident men. When a man who has acquired genuine confidence walks into a room, people can feel it. You can’t fake that.
And if you fail, no worries, there is always something to be learned from failure. All confident men learn to accept failure, as failure is the best teacher in life. Quitting, however, is the not.